At Packshot Factory we produce the most precise photography of fine jewellery, watches, and of a vast selection of consumer goods including food and drink, electronic equipment, beauty, and fashion products.
Our work also encompasses artwork photography for graphic designers, as well as paintings and sculptures for individual artists, galleries and museums.
Another interesting area we cover is high-speed effects including a variety of liquid photography creating creative liquid effects for beverages
such as beer pours or wine splashes, as well as perfumes in water, paint, ink, water splashes, water bubbles, powder explosions, and optics including light reflections and refractions.
Equipment and facilities
All of our photography and film work is shot using top-of-the-line equipment such as Hasselblad for photography and Red Helium for film, both famed for their clarity, sharpness and resolution. We also own specialist lighting, conveyors, and turntables, all in-house.
In our Photography studio for all still shoots we exclusively use medium format Hasselblad H5D-50c cameras that use a back fitted with a 50MP sensor, and Broncolor lighting. Hasselblad is a leading professional grade camera manufacturer known for the highest image quality available.
For film shoots we use the latest fully integrated, large format cinema camera Red Ranger Helium 8K with Super 35 DMSC2 35.4- megapixel CMOS sensor. This means we can shoot with post cropping in mind and allows shooting for multiple aspect ratios simultaneously, great for creating a larger variety of social content without any compromise on quality. Our red can simultaneously record in Redcode Raw alongside Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR/HD enabling quick transition into post production - up to 60 fps 8K FF 8192 x 4320, 120 fps in 4K and up to 240 fps in 2K.
Our facilities in Covent Garden comprise of purpose built studios with table-top sets for shoots that require special attention to detail such as jewellery and watches, fashion and accessories, food and drink, beauty products, and electronic equipment,
as well as a large studio with infinity cove, demo kitchen and client area ideal for larger productions including furniture, food photography and film. The premises are accessed via wide street-level bi-folding door, and offer ample space to accommodate
up to 20 attendees and productions that require large equipment and large set design space. There are three toilets including bathroom with a shower, and two studio kitchens equipped with Miele and Gaggenau appliances.
Our studios are also available to hire; we offer dry studio hire, as well as studio hire with equipment and studio hire with kitchen. The ground floor includes fully equipped, modern lifestyle kitchen studio purposely designed for photo and video shoots.
It includes a vast skylight, modern appliances throughout, client area, large infinity cove and a fire place. The studio can be hired out for creative workshops, film and photo shoots and any other commercial studio hire.
Our senior still life photographers each have technical ability and lighting experience reaching over 30 years, which they apply to every project. Before Photoshop, there was no opportunity to correct anything post-shoot and everything had to be correctly lit and composed.
What was exposed through the lens was delivered to the client – no room for error. Such invaluable skills are truly an art form and enable creative work with sublime image quality. That is why our reputation is built on creating real elements, all shot ‘in camera’, however complex.
Most of all we hold creativity, and commitment in exploring new ideas and advanced solutions in high regard. The hallmark of our approach to our profession is to continually explore new techniques and technologies, and to refine and effectively amalgamate
the traditional with the new to keep our craft innovative and unique. That is why we work only on the latest equipment and technologies available and when shooting we meticulously focus our attention on the design of the product, often painstakingly testing
various techniques and taking multiple exposures to ensure that every intricate detail or a feature of the product is captured at its very best.
Our retouchers then scrupulously work on complementing the characteristics of each and every element of an image, which results in achieving a truly unmatched quality; something which we continue to be renowned for in the industry.
What makes us diffrent
We value quality over quantity.
With the vast amount of digital content that is shared online, in print and TV, getting customers to engage with an advertising campaign or product sold online can be difficult.
With the current trend of “buy less but better” philosophy - quality - is absolutely critical. Customers prefer a more quality-centred brand, and the business’s success is directly proportional to the loyalty of the consumers. Businesses that strive for perfection focus on the quality of the product and advertising campaigns that reflect that quality. Therefore, quality products and services are expected to have a well-executed marketing campaign. If advertising is mediocre, even the greatest product won’t draw the interest of the consumers. Going that extra mile with advertising photography or video, will guarantee that consumer’s eyes are more likely to stop by an advertisement, which revolves around quality and uniqueness.
As Packshot Factory instead of cheap and quick product photography or advertising video services that dominate the product advertising industry, we offer bespoke, high-end production services.
We became known for the unbeatable standard of the services that we provide, and the enviable reputation that has come our way has been a result of years of making sure that we never compromise on quality. Our incentive is the satisfaction of our clients and there are no lengths that we are not prepared to go to in order to make sure of it.
Our approach to image production takes longer and is more expensive than cheap packshot photography or packshot video that is usually associated with quick turnaround and low prices, but the quality we produce has proven to be consistently more effective by a wide margin. We create assets with a team of specialists at the top of their game, we use only top of the range equipment, and spend time meticulously studying each brief, inspect every product, test lighting, and then during the shoot often take multiple exposures and focuses to ensure that nothing goes amiss. This specific approach provides much more room for quality accuracy than the quick and cheap photography production. This process ensures that every detail and aspect of the product is perfectly represented and the assets delivered are of the highest quality and stand out from the rest in the market place.
- What information do you need to provide an estimate?
- Photography briefs typically include either a comprehensive creative deck including a style guide for each shot or a shot list for less complex assignments. A typical brief would include the number of products, number of shots (or angles) required per each product, the total number of deliverables required, and references images for any stylised shots as well as the image resolution required (i.e. image dimension/size).
- What resolution and format are the final images provided in?
- At our studios we shoot on Hasselblad H5D-50c, medium-format cameras that use a back fitted with a 50MP (Megapixels) sensor. The resolution that our cameras produce is 7216 x 5412 pixels by pixels. Depending on the DPI required our photographs can be scaled up to sizes including T-side bus advertisements or even 96 sheet billboards. We can generate virtually any format and sizing that you require. As a default, we provide the images in three different formats: high-resolution jpegs, tiffs as well as small previews that can be easily e-mailed.
- What is the turnaround time?
- Turnaround times highly depend on the brief, and the number of deliverables required. On average we provide finished, edited, colour corrected images within maximum a week of the products being in the studio. If retouching is not part of the service, the images are provided the next day after the session. We are also more than happy to work with you to cater for urgent or same day requirements when deadlines are tight.
- Can I attend the shoot?
- Yes, absolutely. We encourage our clients to attend the shoot to oversee the process and approve all shots as we go along. We are also happy to shoot to brief without an on-site art direction, and provide remote approval of the shots on the day if preferred.
- How do you deliver the images?
- All images are provided via a secure downloadable link. The link expires after 7 days. We keep an archive of the images for 3 months.
- What does the retouching include?
Depending on the requirements we provide the following types of retouching:
- Standard Retouching includes basic clean up, which means removal of minor imperfections such us minor dents, scratches or creases on the products, spotting which means removal of dust marks and colour adjustment.
- High-end Retouching involves exposure and/or focus compositions (most applicable for watches, jewellery, bottles to ensure every intricate detail is sharp), thorough clean up and spotting, and may involve artwork change, beautifying including reconstructing or constructing various elements as well as changing the product’s form factor i.e. re-shaping, adding missing elements and colour grade.
- Creative Retouching, which may include all of the above as well as work on complex compositions including combining and blending of various elements such as water splashes, powder explosions, or any other special effects for creative compositions.
- Can you provide unretouched assets?
- Yes of course. If retouching isn’t required the images are provided the next day after the session.
- Do you provide set building / set design?
- Yes. We can transfer our studios to pretty much any set imaginable. We work with a number of talented specialists including prop masters, set decorators, set builders and art directors who can create any look or style for your shoot!
- Do you provide props, surfaces and backgrounds?
We offer a selection of plinths, cubes, rocks, and a variety of backgrounds. Please see the selection here.
If you require a specific background colour, or set of props, we offer prop sourcing services and can source any prop or background required.
- Do you provide stylists?
- Yes. We work with experienced stylists from a variety of fields including: food stylists, prop stylists, drink specialists, mixologists, hair and make up artists, fashion stylists - all at the top of their game who work collaboratively with our crew, and are passionate and incredibly committed to their crafts.
- Can you shoot large items such as bikes, furniture, wall art or sculptures?
- Yes. Our facilities in Covent Garden comprise of smaller table-top sets as well as a purpose built, ground floor 94m2 (1011 sq. ft) large studio with infinity cove (infinity cyclorama) that is accessed via wide 3.25m street-level bi-folding door, offering ample space to accommodate large productions. The studio boasts a 3.65m ceiling and large floor-to-ceiling windows offering plenty of natural light. The studio also features vast skylight, black out electric blinds, windows with tripled layered noise reducing glass, client area, demo luxury kitchen with Miele appliances, and even a fire place.
- What usage rights are included?
- We grant an unlimited, worldwide and in perpetuity online usage licence, as well as print and TV for 2 years in any single country. Packshot Factory retain the copyright to all images and retain the right to use them for our own promotional purposes. For alternative usage options including full buy out please enquire at the time of booking.
- Do you provide models and hand models?
- Yes , we can provide casting services too to your specific brief.
What our clients say
I love the images so much.
The client agrees that the images are far superior
to anything they’ve produced before.
Thank you so much for being so deadline conscious for us!
They’re going to look ace on pack.
Pip and Nut
Thank you to you both for a really successful project.
Thrilled with the assets, and hope
we can work together again in the future.
Happy for the others to come through
when you’re ready too as they looked perfect!
Amazing! And amazing speed of response :)
These look amazing!
The shoot was great, our photographer was so lovely!
Please can you thank him from us.
We've worked with you guys before and you were amazing
You have accomplished what we thought was mission impossible!
Thank you to the whole team
The shots look awesome so thanks once again for your work on these!
Genuinely, thank you for today.
It was swift and efficient and you made my job very easy,
especially in the unnatural shoot environment.
It was a pleasure working with Peter and lovely to meet you.
We’re super happy with these images!
Thank you so much, shots look absolutely amazing
They look great, thank you!
Glad reflections came out nicely.
These are incredible.
Thank you so much!
Harris and Hall
Super thanks to Chris for another job so well done.
Always a pleasure to work with you and the Packshot team!