We shoot films and product sequences for commercials and online advertising campaigns with a team of highly skilled product, drink and food videographers and film directors.
Our expertise is in close-up work and product beauty. We shoot daily with an incredible team of in-house talent and specialist stylists from across the advertising and film industries. We offer full service packages that can fulfil a range of production requirements, from pure product beauty and slow-motion to macro photography. We can shoot single shots to entire films and commercials, all from our studios in London's bustling Covent Garden.
At Packshot Factory we can offer a complete solution for all your video production requirements. We can help with creative consultancy, creative treatment, story boarding, creative direction, studio hire, crew, equipment, art department, model making, set design, organising talent and specialists, as well as post production including special effects and colour grading.
We are also happy to pick up at any point of the production process; whether you require a simple sequence to be filmed or and end frame we are ready to help at short notices.
We shoot a wide variety of products at Packshot Factory, including specialist food and drink sequences and electronic products including computers, tablets, mobile phones, and home appliances.
Our specialism is shooting product, food and drinks based content for TV commercials, digital OOH and social campaigns, working alongside advertising agencies and production companies as well as working directly with corporate clients.
Another interesting area we cover is 'in-camera' effects such as splashes, powder explosions and liquid pours; we have even been known to blow up the occasional Death Star! A little more down-to-earth, we film more everyday items like watches and jewellery, and cosmetics, as well as 'how to' films and a number of end frames and pick up shots for comping into existing advertisements.
We are incredibly knowledgeable of our craft and passionate about all aspects of the production process, with a genuine interest in our clients’ needs.
When we work with stylists and specialist technicians, we choose experts at the top of their game who we have ongoing relationships with that have lasted for years, and this is what we believe makes our work stand out.
Our Central London studios are conveniently located on a quiet street just off Covent Garden,
within a short walking distance of Soho, the Strand, Oxford Street, Leicester Square, the West End,
and the new Post Building in Holborn.
Our 170m2 (1830 sq. ft) two-floor studio is equipped and kitted out with kitchen facilities, ceiling rig, cyclorama and the ability to shoot with blue or green screen.
We also provide water tanks, turntables, and conveyors and we are able to assemble specialist rigs at short notice.
With street-level access, the studio can be transformed into any scenery imaginable, it can accommodate set builds and motion control rigs, offering the ultimate combination of speed and precision for filming, as well as specialist ovens or any other heavy-duty equipment.
We also offer studio hire to anyone needing a space to shoot film including equipment and technical support staff.
With our in-house lighting and camera equipment we are ready to shoot at very short notice, making us an extremely flexible option.
We shoot on the latest Red Ranger Helium 8K, with a DMSC2 35.4-megapixel CMOS sensor. This means we can shoot with post cropping in mind and allows shooting for multiple aspect ratios simultaneously, great for creating a larger variety of social content without any compromise on quality. Our red can simultaneously record in Redcode Raw alongside Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR/HD enabling quick transition into post production.
Filming products is not always straightforward but when you choose Packshot Factory you are not only getting a competitive deal on crew, studio hire, and equipment but most importantly, you are buying our experience.
Over thirty-six years of photographing and filming products and table-top content on a daily basis is a significant wealth to draw upon. We are independently owned and local to the Covent Garden area. We pride ourselves on being one of the most adaptable film production studios around and have had the pleasure of working with a range of award-winning brands and agencies.
The great thing about Packshot Factory Film is that we can work with most budgets and tailor fit a package that is right for you while still having the high-end quality you are looking for. Whether you are working on a big project or a first time branding video, we welcome the opportunity to use our expertise to help you achieve your objectives.
- What camera do you use?
- Our camera package includes a Red Ranger Helium, which shoots in 8k, however if required we happily shoot on Phantom or Arri depending on requirements.
- What frame rates does the Red Helium camera shoot?
- 60 fps at 8K Full Format (8192 x 4320), 75 fps at 6K Full Format (6144 x 3240), 120 fps at 4K Full Format (4096 x 2160)
- How large is your crew?
- For most shoots we provide a Producer, Tech Director, Lighting DOP, AC, DIT, Covid Supervisor and a Runner. For more complex filming requirements we may also recommend extra crew members, such as additional camera operators, specialist stylists, prop masters and set designers.
- Do you offer live-streaming?
- Yes, we have a dedicated 300mbps line.
- Can you do food shoots?
- Yes, we have a fully kitted out Miele kitchen in our studio with gas hob, induction hob, 3x convectional oven, stream oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, fridge, 2x freezer.
- Do you offer Mix and Overlay?
- Yes, we have a simple mix and overlay set up ideal for checking key’s, aligning products etc.
- Do you offer post-production?
- Yes, depending on the requirements we offer editing, cut, comp, vfx, sound and grading.
- What format is the footage provided in?
- We supply finished videos in the most commonly used formats, typically .mp4 or .mov. However we are happy to convert these into any other format. If post-production is not required, as we shoot on Red with proxies captured simultaneously, we can provide the rushes straight after the shoot.
- Will we be able to take still images from the video?
- Yes, you can take still images from the video to use elsewhere. However, if you have specific still image needs, we recommend a dedicated photo shoot for higher quality, which we can organise and provide on the same day (subject to extra charge).
- Is the studio sound proof?
- Although we have tripled layered noise reducing glass, we are in central London so not completely silent.
- Do you offer greenscreen studio?
- We don’t have a green-screen studio, our studio is equipped with a white infinity alcove (as seen here), and we provide 9ft wide colorama.
- Do you have a Phantom in house?
- No, as every shoot has different requirements we hire the most relevant piece of kit for the job from one of our trusted suppliers.
- Is there a loading bay?
- We are located on a quiet street just off Covent Garden and you can park outside the premises and offload straight to the main studio.
- Is there parking at the studio?
- No, the nearest parking is NCP Bloombsbury or NCP Covent Garden, both within 10 minutes walk from the studio. Please see the map.
- Is there disabled access?
- Is there a green room?
What our clients say
Thought I would drop everyone a note to say thanks for today. Ed you were superb, you really got the best out of the team (…) we captured some fabulous shots and so excited to see what tomorrow brings!
Thanks again, please do send my appreciate to the entire team from today.
Lucozade Ribena Suntory
And a big thank you for yesterday.
It went really well and the client was very impressed
and happy so well done to you and all the team!
Thanks for a great session yesterday.
Thanks Sean, super smooth today as always.
I hear it went super well and everyone was very happy!
Thank you for pulling together at such short notice.
Thank you to you both for a really successful project.
Thrilled with the assets, and hope we can work together
again in the future.
Just wanted to say thanks so much
for all you and your team amazing work.
Absolute pleasure to work with you guys
and we hope it will be the first of many.
Just a quick note to say a big thanks for yesterday.
We’ve just reviewed all the footage and we got some really great shots.
Thanks for making the whole process seamless and easy!
Larson and Jennings
I just wanted to say another huge thank you for this session.
I am always impressed with the way you guys do things,
everything is well structured and the process is always enjoyable
Shoot was great and thx for doing a great job!
We have worked with Packshot Factory on quite a few productions.
Their technical and creative skills are of a very high level
and they've really benefited the projects we have shot with them.
Having shot many times over the years at Packshot Factory,
I’m always impressed by their expertise, eye for detail
and excellent attitude and it’s the reason
they are the only place I use over and over again.
Because of the nature of social, we needed content to be turned around quite quickly. Ed and his team exceeded our expectations every time;
all I had to do was show up with the brief. The result? I received a really high-quality suite of social films that I was able to wow my client with.
Packshot Factory are great.
A fantastic, highly experienced and technical team
who are a joy to work with.
Packshot Factory are my go to
when I need a studio production solution.